Saturday, January 12, 2013

Intros Are In Order

Hello All,

  I would like to first welcome you to Fashion Lane! I'll be your tour guide Christine Marie, I am 23 years old and, reside in the home of Biggie & Jay..Brooklyn. As you walk with me on this fashion journey, I intend to uncover all the fashion possibilities your thoughts can even dare to dream of. From New York to Paris , from runways to sidewalks, I cover it all. You see, the goal is to combine high fashion with street fashion; so, for every runway look, I will provide a lower cost option so that we all can look a million bucks on a budget. (Balling on a budget). I am a firm believer and, former student turned teacher that to look great, you don't need to break your pockets, and that's what I want to share with the world. With websites such as Just Fab, Shoe Mint, Big Cartel, and Etsy; it is too easy to achieve chic for cheap! However, don't get me wrong, there will be a few detours and pit stops along the way, timeless=splurge. If I see a great piece that is a bit (and by bit I mean a lot) over budget, I will not hesitate to share; because after all, a fashion addicts got to do what a fashion addicts got to do.

 That's not all though, along this journey there will be some attractions, such as:

Photography & Stylist : Did I mention I'm an amateur photographer and stylist? So, I will be displaying some of my work.

My Muses: Portraits I take of everyday people I know who inspire me. At the end of my entry each week I will feature one person, their goals and a little on their personal style.

Links: To my column on www.ViralStatus.com where I interview fellow upcoming artist in the
industry. I.e: Designers, Makeup Artist, Stylist, and music artist. Also, a link to another blog I have in the works where I do pieces on upcoming designers to look out for. (I will keep you all posted)


My Style: Self Explanatory

The "Found" Section: Instagram @fashionquickie  My picture blog, where I post pictures of random fashion pictures I've trailed through the internet to find.

...Busy Huh?


Ok guys, I'm sure your feet are tired, and so are mine. That'll be it for this week, tune in every Saturday for the blog in its entirety. But! before you leave, some eye candy. Check some of my favorite trend looks for the Spring'13 season. Men: Bright colors Women:Yves Klein Blue



Men Trend Watch: Bright Colors

Not much to say but fun fun fun! For your daring gentleman only, this trend was all over the runway this season. From Gucci, to a personal favorite Salvatore Ferragamo designers perfected the color blocking trend. And I must say I am in love! Whoever said all green suits were tacky lied.

Christian Lacroix, Gucci, Givenchy, Salvatore Ferragamo










Women's Trend Watch: Yves Klien Blue

 Named after the French Artist Yves Klien who was one of the most influential figures in post-war European Art. "The Blue Epoch" aka Yves Klein Blue was patented by the painter in the 1950s. Designers such as Stella McCartney, and Elie Saab paid homage to the great painter on this year's catwalk.
   
                                     Stella McCartney, Hermes, Hussien Chalayan, Elie Saab
   


Style Makes No Apologies

Instagram: @fashionquickie




No comments:

Post a Comment